Our TreeHouse offers a variety of volunteer opportunities for people to support grieving children, teens, and adults.
Facilitators create the safe space for grieving children, teens, and adults to do their grief work. We teach the four essential facilitation skills at our weekend training that is offered twice a year. Since we do not provide therapy, no counseling background is required. Nor is it required that you have an intimate relationship with grief. A compassionate demeanor, an ability to meet people where they are, and a commitment to our mission will be your biggest asset.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- A commitment to be at the twice-monthly support group for the full program year (October – June)
- Punctual attendance at each support group
- Ability to keep up with active children
- Fill out an application here
- Meet with program manager for an interview
- Attend the Our TreeHouse training
- Complete a background check
- Give two references
- Attend the Darkness to Light training through Brigid Collins
Event Volunteer Opportunities
- Help us with our Annual Dinner (in the Winter) or our Annual Lunch (in the Fall)
- Join us at the Chuckanut Classic, a bike ride in Whatcom County each summer organized by the Mt. Baker Bike Club.
- Assist in our Summer community events.
Click here for a link to our Event volunteer application
Board of Directors
Provide leadership to Our TreeHouse. Be an ambassador in the community, help us with our strategic planning, and help us with our events.
Please contact us if you are interested in being on the board.